1. Check-In / Check-Out Times. Check-in begins at 4:00 PM (CST). Check-out time is 10:00AM (CST). Late check-outs require special arrangements, and may be subject to an additional fee of $75 or more. Refunds are not given for late arrivals or early departures.
2. Reservation Deposit. A reservation deposit equal to 50% of the total booking charges is due at the time of reservation. This deposit will be applied towards the total booking charges due. This is not a damage deposit.
3. Payment of Rent. The balance of the total booking charges is due sixty (60) days prior to the Check-In date. We accept most major credit cards (Master Card, Visa, and Discover).
4. Cancellations and Changes. Reservations booked directly through www.VillaGroveProperties.com may be canceled or shortened by notifying the Manager in writing at least sixty (60) calendar days prior to your Check-In date (“Cancellation Period”). In such instances, the full amount of your Reservation Deposit will be refunded, less a $200.00 administrative cancellation/change fee. In the event of cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation Period, you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges. Please note that reservations booked through platforms (including, but not limited to, HomeAway/VRBO, Airbnb) other than the Villa Grove Properties, LLC direct booking website are subject to the cancellation policies as outlined by the platform through which the reservation was booked.
5. Accidental Damage Protection. Included within your rental fee is coverage under our Damage Protection Plan. This plan provides you and your guests with coverage for accidental damage (up to $1,500 per incident) that may take place at the property during your stay. The waiver or coverage only applies to accidental damages that are reported prior to checkout. Damages or losses excluded from or otherwise not covered by the waiver clause will be charged to the guest.
6. Accommodation Selections. Manager appreciates that its luxury accommodations offer different appointments, designs and layouts, and that reservation holders want the peace of mind that they will stay in the specific units they selected. Accordingly, we will reserve for you the specific unit selected at the time of your reservation upon the receipt of your deposit and signed Agreement. Subject to availability for maintenance, owner usage, or other issues that may render the accommodations unsuitable for rental, and/or subject to the property remaining as a Villa Grove Properties, LLC accommodation at the time of the stay, guests will be placed in the specific unit set forth in their Agreement, or otherwise provided with a full refund or an opportunity to stay in an equivalently priced accommodation if available. Notwithstanding Villa Grove Properties, LLCs’ efforts, if the specific unit reserved is unavailable for any reason, guests will be limited to a full refund or similar accommodation at their election. In no event will Villa Grove Properties, LLC be responsible for any direct or indirect costs, expenses, fees or other consequential damages resulting from the unavailability of a specific accommodation.
7. No Pets. Pets are not permitted in any Villa Grove Properties, LLC property. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent. Notwithstanding this provision, Villa Grove Properties, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to protect the rights of guests with disabilities to bring service animals or emotional support animals under the terms of The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If a guest needs a service animal or emotional support animal to ease the symptoms of a disability (as defined under the above Acts), he or she should request a reasonable accommodation, in writing, from Villa Grove Properties, LLC at the time of their reservation or as soon thereafter as feasible. The request should state that the guest has a disability and explain how the requested accommodation will be helpful. In addition, the guest should include a note from his or her service provider, such as a doctor or therapist, verifying the need for the support animal. Guests need not disclose the details of their disability, nor provide a detailed medical history.
8. No Smoking. Smoking is not permitted in any Villa Grove Properties, LLC property. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent.
9. Minimum stay requirements. Most of our properties require a minimum stay of four (4) nights. Longer stays may be required during peak seasons and holidays. One week minimum stays apply at some properties during peak and holiday periods, including restrictions regarding which days of the week arrivals and departures are able to be scheduled.
10. Maximum Number of Guests. The maximum number of guests per accommodation is based on the individual accommodation’s ability to comfortably and safely house our guests. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments.
11. Age Requirements. All of Villa Grove Properties, LLC’s vacation accommodations are family rentals absent exceptions being explicitly granted by Manager. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults under the age of 25 unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian. A parent or guardian must be staying in the unit at all times. Guests who violate this policy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments. In accordance with Florida State Statute, reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed or guests will be asked to vacate the accommodations. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.
12. Spring Break. For reservations in March or April, is required that one parent or guardian over the age of 25 is present and staying in the property for every three guests between the ages of 15 and 25. Proof of age is required by all guests and all homes are subject to inspection upon guest arrival to ensure compliance. Violations will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all booking charges.
13. Housekeeping. Your vacation accommodations will be cleaned to our quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. If units are found abnormally dirty at check-out, additional charges will be charged to your credit card to assist in performing a deep cleaning of the unit. Your unit should have plenty of initial supplies of trash liners, toilet paper, bath soap, towels, etc. Please let us know upon arrival if any additional items are needed. All stays will be subject to a cleaning fee. Additional cleanings can be arranged during your stay for an additional fee if you prefer.
14. Beach & Pool Towels. Please bring beach and/or pool towels as we do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the unit except for laundering.
15. Maintenance. During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to the Manager. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
16. Damage Policy. Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely when not in the premises. Rearranging the furniture or removing any items from the unit is prohibited. After Check-Out, the Manager will inspect the unit for damage, missing items, and abnormally dirty appearance. If the Manager determines that damage is present, items are missing, or the unit is abnormally dirty, the Manager will repair the damage, replace the missing items, and/or perform a deep clean of the unit at renter’s expense. Renter authorizes Manager to charge the credit card on file to reimburse the Manager for any such expenses.
17. Hurricanes and Severe Weather. All guests are encouraged to seek out and purchase travel insurance through such online providers as CSA Travel Protection. Refunds for cancellations or shortened stays due to actual or anticipated hurricanes, tropical storms or other inclement weather will not be issued by Manager under any circumstances.
18. Nearby Construction. There may be construction ongoing at properties adjacent to or close by the property being rented by guest. The rules regarding acceptable noise levels, start and finishing times, and other restrictions relating to any such construction are governed by local ordinances and/or community specific rules and regulations beyond the control of the Manager. As such, guest shall not be entitled to a refund relating to such construction. Notwithstanding this, the Manager will use its best efforts to ensure that the appropriate parties are notified and appropriate remedial action taken in the event that it receives notice that the construction at issue may be in violation of any such regulations or ordinances.
19. Security of Personal Property. The Manager is not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to any personal property or for personal items left by guest in the accommodation at departure.
20. Payment Method. Please provide payment directly over the phone or via the online payment system if making a booking online. Payment must be via Credit Card. The final payment will be automatically charged sixty (60) days prior to your arrival using the same credit card or electronic check you use to process the booking deposit.
21. No Subletting. The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
22. Good Neighbor Policy. Please remember you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation. Please treat it with care and leave it in good condition at checkout.
23. Property Rules and Regulations. Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property and neighborhood you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply can result in eviction.
24. Golf Cart and Bike Liability. Guests who rent units that provide complementary Golf Carts and/or bikes further agree to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the Golf Cart and Bike Liability Waiver & Damage Addendum.
25. COVID0-19 and Other Infectious Diseases. By confirming my reservation at a vacation rental property, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and/or other infections diseases and voluntarily assume the risk that I, or members of my party, may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and/or other infectious diseases by traveling to and staying in a vacation rental property, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and/or other infectious diseases may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Villa Grove Properties, LLC (including its members, officers, vendors, property owner partners, and employees). I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to members of my party or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that members of my party or I may experience or incur in connection with my reserving and residing at a vacation rental property (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of all individuals residing at the vacation rental property under my reservation, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Villa Grove Properties, LLC (including its members, officers, vendors, property owner partners, and employees), of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Villa Grove Properties, LLC (including its members, officers, vendors, property owner partners, and employees), whether a COVID-19 and/or other infectious diseases infection occurs before, during, or after residing at the vacation rental property.
26. Notices. All notices required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, by reputable oversight courier, by hand delivery, or by email. The notice address for Manager is: MAIL – 50 Salty Drive, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459; EMAIL – email@example.com. Any notice sent in the manner sent forth above shall be deemed sufficiently given for all purposes hereunder (i) in the case of certified mail, on the third business day after deposited in the U.S. mail, (ii) in the case of overnight courier or hand delivery, upon delivery, and (iii) in the case of email the date of the email as evidenced by a delivery receipt.
27. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by, construed under, and enforced and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, excluding its principles of conflicts of laws.
28. Venue, Jurisdiction, and Attorneys’ Fees. The exclusive venue for any civil action related to this Agreement or the course of dealings between the parties is the County and Circuit Courts sitting in Walton County, Florida. The parties hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of all the courts in the previous sentence and agree not to challenge such jurisdiction. In any action, suit, or proceeding to enforce or interpret the terms of the Agreement or to collect any amount due hereunder, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement for all costs and expenses reasonably incurred in enforcing, defending or interpreting its rights hereunder, including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees and the costs expended in determining entitlement to and amount of such fees.
29. Waiver of Jury Trial. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTIES KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AS TO ANY CLAIMS A PARTY MAY CLAIM TO HAVE AGAINST THE OTHER WHICH ARISES OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE COURSE OF DEALINGS BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
30. Force Majeure. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, no party to the Agreement shall be deemed in default or breach of this Agreement or liable for any loss or damages or for any delay or failure in performance (except for the payment of money) due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of, and without fault or negligence by such party.
31. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding, marketing or agreement among them respecting the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, arrangements, understandings or agreements, oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, except those fully expressed herein. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be valid or binding on the parties hereto, unless such waiver is in writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties hereto, and no waiver on one occasion shall be deemed to be a waiver of the same or any other provision hereof in the future.
32. Indemnification of Manager. Guest will defend, indemnify and hold Villa Grove Properties, LLC (including its members, officers, employees, vendors and property owner partners), harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit) incurred by Villa Grove Properties, LLC as a result of or arising out of the breach of this Agreement by guest, except to the extent such claims, demands and actions arise from the negligence or willful misconduct of Villa Grove Properties, LLC. The indemnified party shall promptly notify the indemnifying party of any such claim and shall, at the request and expense of the indemnifying party, cooperate in the investigation and defense of such claim.
33. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement.
34. Headings. Section and other headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and are in no way intended to define, interpret, describe or limit the scope, extent or intent of this Agreement or any provision hereof.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Express Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
1. In consideration for receiving access and/or permission to use any swimming pool, spa or hot tub (“Activity”) at your rental Property or otherwise made available to you as an amenity in conjunction with your rental by Villa Grove Properties, LLC and the Owner(s) of your rental Property (“Owners”), you hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS for any and all purposes Villa Grove Properties, LLC, Owners, and their respective officers, servants, agents, volunteers, or employees (herein collectively referred to as RELEASEES) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by you or your guests or invitees while participating in such ACTIVITY, whether caused by RELEASEES’ active or passive negligence.
2. You agree that you are fully aware that there are inherent risks involved with ACTIVITY, including but not limited to possible physical injury (including, but not limited to broken bones, strains, sprains, bruises, concussions, heart attack, heat exhaustion) and loss of life and you choose to voluntarily participate in said ACTIVITY with full knowledge that said ACTIVITY may be hazardous to you, your guests, your invitees, and your property (“You”). YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL OR EMOTIONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by You as a result of participating in said ACTIVITY, whether supervised or unsupervised. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RELEASEES for any loss, liability, judgment, settlement, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees for both the trial and appellate levels that may occur as a result of or in any way related to Your participation in said ACTIVITY, whether caused by RELEASEES’ active or passive negligence or otherwise.
3. You agree to be responsible for the day to day general safety conditions of any swimming pool and/or hot tub to use at your rental Property. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub clean of debris, keeping the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub areas clean, neat and organized, keeping all gates and doors locked and the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub area secured at all times, and operating the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub in a safe, responsible manner.
4. You understand that RELEASEES may not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstance arising from your participation in this ACTIVITY or any event related to that participation. As such, you are aware that you should review Your personal insurance coverage.
5. You hereby certify that you are at least 18 years of age and you are legally competent to to enter into this Agreement, including the Release, Waiver, Assumption and Indemnity provisions contained herein. You agree that it is your express intent that this release shall bind the members of your family and spouse, if you are alive, and your heirs, assigns and personal representatives, if you are deceased, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
1. All Villa Grove Properties, LLC, reservations require guests to pay a non-refundable Damage Protection fee, the amount of which varies by property. Guests of the Manager who have paid a non-refundable Damage Protection fee prior to checking in to a property will not be obligated to pay the first $1,500 in accidental damages, subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below. This accidental damage protection is not insurance. It is a non-refundable, one-time charge per reservation that covers accidental damage reported by the guest prior to check-out for guests who have complied with the Agreement. In exchange for the payment of the Damage Protection fee and the execution of this Agreement, which incorporates the terms of this limited waiver clause, the Manager hereby waives the right to charge the guest for any reported damages to the Property that result from the guests’ accidental or inadvertent acts or omissions during the duration of their stay for damages up to but not exceeding $1,500 (hereinafter “Damage Limit Amount”).
2. Guests are responsible for any damages or losses in excess of the Damage Limit Amount, as well as any damages or losses excluded from the terms herein.
a. The Accidental Damage Protection policy has certain conditions, limitations and exclusions. This Damage Protection fee will not waive the guest’s liability for:
i. Intentional acts or omissions, abuse or neglect by a guest or a guest’s invitee.
ii. Negligence or gross negligence. This includes any damages to the property caused by acts or omissions that could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including damages resulting in any additional cleaning and/or maintenance costs.
iii. Any damage which the guest does not report immediately to the Manager staff prior to checking out of the property;
iv. Theft that results from guest’s failure to lock or secure the premises or property, including items such as bikes
v. Damages, additional cleaning costs or additional maintenance costs caused by an animal allowed on or in the property by guest or guest’s invitee, including any service or emotional support animals
vi. Damages resulting from unauthorized smoking on or in a property by guest or guest’s invitee.
vii. Damage to a golf cart provided with the rental property.
viii. Loss or Damage in excess of the Damage Limit Amount.
ix. Loss or Damage to any personal property of guest or guest’s invitee.
x. The policy applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property. It does not cover loss of use of such property.
xi. This program is not intended in any way to provide reimbursement or coverage for the following items, which shall remain the responsibility of the owner of the property.
1. Damages that constitute normal wear and tear.
2. Damages resulting from acts of God, including but not limited to acts resulting in fire, flood, or other natural disasters.
3. Damages or losses to property which are unrelated to the actions of the guest.
4. Theft that occurs despite the guests’ reasonable efforts to secure the property and related items.
a. When a guest provides notice to the Manager prior to check-out of accidental or inadvertent damage to the property, the Manager will investigate the damage to determine whether the damage appears to have been caused by accidental or inadvertent actions, and to determine the nature and extent of the damages and the necessity for and costs of the repairs or replacements. Such determination shall be made in the sole and absolute discretion of the Manager provided there is some reasonable basis for making such a determination. The Manager has ultimate claim administration authority.
Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage is available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, family member or traveling companion; flight delays due to adverse weather; interruptions of road service; terrorist acts; and mandatory evacuations.
The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation in addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Additional terms and conditions apply; please read your Plan documents carefully and contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 with coverage questions. You can review full details of the Vacation Rental Insurance in the Plan documents here.